Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Family Reunion Meeting

 After the Cook Out and before the meeting, we had the Family Photo.  Between Roman and his parents is a bare-chested little boy.  His dad took the pictures so he thought he'd slip in one.  We probably should try to take photos earlier in the evening since my flash didn't quite reach the edges well.

Other photos followed of family groups and then cousins.  Buddy had already left to get ready for the meeting, so he missed the First Cousins Photo.  Dave, Tom, Carolyn, Marilyn and Arleen have been attending the reunions for 60 years or all of their lives if younger than 60.  With Buddy, they represent 5 of the Fry siblings:  Eloise, Hale, George (Buddy), Cecil, Phil.  Alfreda and Irene had no children.  Alderson and Donald had not descendants at the reunion this year.
Second cousins:  Rachel, Christa, Donald, Michelle, David, Leilia and Rebecca.
Third cousins:  Brett, Davis, Roman, Jensen, Libby, Bryce, Aiden, Cameron, Mackenzie, Savannah, Ryan and Kristin. (Family correct me if I spelled the names wrong)
While the third cousins went crab hunting, the rest of us had a meeting primarily to discuss the reunion of 2013.
We agreed to have it at Phoenix X again because the condos are great value in a good location with plenty of activities and amenities close by.
Suzy also showed us albums with family photos.  This one is of Great-grandfather George Henry Clay Alderson (1844-1936).

I liked this photo of  Aunt Alfreda (1906-1996).  For other Fry Reunions, click here for 2009,  click here for 1950's, click here for 1961, Islamorada, Florida.  Click here for Montague Ranch in Texas in 1967.  And, here for an account of the 1969 cruise reunion.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.