Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Family Reunion Frisco


Coincidentally, my cousin Kathleen and I were both in North Texas visiting our children at the same time.  We used Eli's birthday as an excuse to have a mini-family reunion.  Pictured above are me, my sister Jane and our cousin Kathleen.
Jane's daughter Lynn joined us from Ft. Worth for Eli's "May my 4th be with you" party.
Kathy's grandson Kyle really caught my granddaughter Anna's eye.  Fortunately her dad and Uncle Richard kept an eye on them.
Since we were driving down, Kathleen entrusted us with an oil painting from her dad's office which Harvey wanted.
We had many photo opportunities---above are Jane and Lynn---somehow, I missed getting a photo of Harvey :-(
But, here is their youngest daughter aptly named Delaney on Dave's lap.  She looks like she is giving me the raspberries.
Eli really enjoyed meeting his new cousins Josh and Nathan!
And, Harvey's misting system which makes sitting outside delightful!
As you can see Anna never got too far from Kyle.
Here are Josh, Becki, Nathan and Richard.
I love this photo of all of the boys (Kyle, Eli, Nathan and Josh) playing with my ipad!  We had a great visit---it was so good to see so much family together.

2 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

FUN!!!! Good to see everybody even just via pics! But come to think of it, you said no pics of Harvey ... not sure I saw any of Leah either! :) ha!

hear.t. and hue said...

And that pic of Anna at the counter with Kyle - that could have been Leah when she was that age.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.