Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Train Rides at Union Station, Kansas City


Deb, Jim, Rebecca, Jason, Roman, Dave and I decided not to go shopping the Friday after Thanksgiving. Instead,we went to Union Station in Kansas City meeting the Twenters there. We thought this photo would be great for a Christmas card if we could "photo shop" Eli in.

Everything was going great---Libby was calm; Davis was interested;Brett was relaxed; Roman was trying to be brave.

And, then the train started and Roman saw that he was leaving his Mommy and Daddy behind. . .
Poor little guy---so brave most of the time---it was heartbreaking watching him go round and round so unhappy while his cousins were enjoying the journey---around a Christmas tree. Click here for Rebecca's video.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I've uploaded the video if you want to link this post up to my post!

Leah Warren said...

Libby looks like she used a flat iron!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.