Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Survey

I received this survey from a friend and it resulted in an interesting chain of
thoughts. Come back tomorrow to see what answer stirred up my sister Jane
(AKA The Christmas Queen)


1.
Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial   
3. When do you put up the tree? As late as possible--I'm allergic
to them all!


4. When do you take the tree down? Before Valentines Day is my
goal
5. Do you like eggnog? Not so much
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Madame Alexander doll.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Dave or Sons-in-law
8. Easiest person to buy for?  Myself and the grandchildren
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes---that's my primary
decoration
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both this year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Christmas knickknacks
from the dollar store.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Love Actually, Bridget Jones, The
Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? On vacation
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? of course!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? it’s not so much the food
as being with people I love---but, I do love snowball cookies
16. Lights on the tree? sure
17. Favorite Christmas song? Stille Nacht (Silent Night)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?  TRAVEL, but this year I'm
staying home
.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? yup...dasher, dancer,
prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen and of course
Rudolph – and I can add: Blitzen means lightning and Donner means
thunder! Don't get me started on "blitz". ..
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Not, sure---I broke  a star-
like one a few years ago and haven't replaced it.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Whenever---I
actually like the concept of Hannukah---open a few each day.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Almost
everything. The BEST part is seeing family and getting Christmas
cards from friends.
 23. Favorite ornament theme or color?  Nativity or Norman Rockwell
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?  Ham

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Decent weather so
everyone can travel
safely

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.