Saturday, July 4, 2009

Eli at Longview Park

One of our favorite places to visit is just a few miles from our house---Longview Park in Town and Country. Eli didn't really want to play on the playground but wanted to go on a walk.
He seemed mesmerized by the fountain.
This lake has two places to view it from---an upper one and a lower one.
We were pretty surprised to see the turtles and fish until Leah said, "They probably think we have food." Great! Now I have to try to remember to bring food for the turtles and fish. (Double click to see the fish)
We discovered some new paths, so we explored them.
I was surprised and touched to see the bench pictured above dedicated to someone we knew many years ago before we were even married. Dallas and his wife Lynn lived in the same apartments with us (Dave and I; Jane and Harry; Susan and John) in North County. Dallas remained close friends with Susan and John until his death. Part of the path in Town and Country was dedicated to him (he was an alderman in Town and Country)
The end of the path brought us to the stables.
Leah tried to feed the horse, but wound up throwing the grass at him.
Eli was a little more courageous. Grandma thought the horse was getting a little close and just as she reached down to get Eli, the horse snorted. . .
Scaring Eli.
He was definitely ready for the playground after that terrifying experience.

To see a blog about a winter visit to Longview and Roman's experience with the horses , click here .

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.