Friday, July 17, 2009

Eli at Amy's Wedding

The invitations are Bella by Karah.
Eli has spent two days with us while his mom, Leah, participated in a friend's wedding plans. His granddad Gregg took the evening shifts. Eli did so well. He only had one sad moment.

Right after this shot, Eli got sad and I took him outside for Plan B. I'm not sure if the flower girl crying or finally recognizing his mom, but that little lip started to quiver and we headed out.
Leah had found several playgrounds at the church and adjoining property. So, we went outside and played until it was time for us to head into the church.
We found our spot in the back of the church watching familiar faces walk in---sorority sisters of Leah's, Henry School people, Parkway West people. Leah has known Amy since around Kindergarten when they were on swim team together. Grade school, high school and college followed with them pledging the same sorority. Amy's mother Marilyn has been a friend of mine that long, too. We still see each other at Wellbridge, our fitness club.
I'm sorry I didn't get a better photo of Marilyn with her lovely pink halter dress---it was perfect for a July wedding.
Here's Kim who also was the vocalist at Amy's wedding (she was the vocalist at Rebecca's wedding, too)
And Eli's Mom Leah---thankfully he was busy taking his trains down the pew and didn't see her.
Here's Julie, Leah's friend since Junior High. They are both expecting babies within a week of one another and are hoping to room together one more time!
And, Catana---Leah's friend since Kindergarten who now lives in Chicago and who may be a distant cousin. . . I'm waiting to hear from you Catana!
Amy's neices and nephews---"Hey, Eli, look at the pretty girls. . . ."
"Aw, Grandma. . .aren't you supposed to be taking pictures of the bride?"
Adam and his lovely daughter Amy.
Shortly after this, Todd came to rescue Eli from Grandma. You'll have to go to Leah's blog who will hopefully have photos of all of the festivities.

1 comment:

Leah Warren said...

Thanks again for watching him! I felt like I was on vacation : ) I hope he had a good nap...Gregg didn't get him to bed until 9!!!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.