Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Anna's Arrival

We went to get Eli at 6:30 AM---his Granddaddy Warren spent the night with him while his Mom and Dad went to the hospital. He had breakfast at our house---wow, that's some bed-head you've got there E!
We watched a little TV. . .
Played with crazy things like the pump for Grandma's balance ball. . .
Of course, we played trains and watched his favorite movie---"Awesome Trains".
Finally at 5:30 PM, we got the call that Anna had arrived. So, we went to the hospital where Eli had a fun time playing with his Dad.
We had to go upstairs to visit Anna in the nursery.

I think Eli liked her!

Here is Leah's post with a cute picture of Anna shortly after birth

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

the picture with her tongue out is my FAVORITE. :) and i love eli's big grin. so cute.

i can see what you mean with anna looking like davis ... anna's "day 1" photos look a lot like davis's. swollen puffy pudgy cheeks making those big dark eyes appear squinty. :)

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.