Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cousins Respond to Anna

Three of Anna's cousins had interesting responses to her birth. Rachel announced to Libby and Davis, "Your cousin Anna is here!" Libby ran to the window to look outside thinking she was literally at their house.

Upon see photos of her birth, Davis was disappointed that there were no photos of her actually being birthed---thus began a rather uncomfortable question/answer session with his mother.
And, Roman upon seeing her photos shortly after birth told his mother indignantly, "That baby needs some clothes." His mother assured him that with Leah as her mother, Anna had plenty of clothes.

I can't wait for them to actually MEET Anna.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

love it! The only other addition to the story is that when Roman/Davis/Brett/Libby were all together the night after she was born, Rachel and I asked if they remembered what the baby's name was and they answered "Jesus". Roman thinks its funny to call her "Chicken"

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.