Tuesday, December 1, 2009

After the Feast and Heading Home

Roman was so helpful on Thanksgiving Day: he helped his dad with the turkey; he shared his toys with his cousins; he lead the prayer for dinner; he helped Nana with the dishes.
After dessert, the children began their Christmas preparations.
Then nothing says Thanksgiving like a little game of chance. . .
Guess who the big winner was!
Thanksgiving evening, Roman was introduced to the Elf on the Shelf:
Rebecca wanted Roman to know that the Elf was watching and would report back to Santa Claus that Roman had been naughty when he didn't play well in his ball pit. Roman's response: "But the elf looks happy. . ."


Uncle Jim alarmed us on Saturday when he saw "a little pee on the floor." We were thinking the worst of Casey, Louie, and Roman. . . Roman entertained us with his drum-playing before we left town.
On the road. . .
Two sites along the way which I've wanted to photograph for some time:
The Baptist Missions below used to be the "Elvis is Alive" Museum---you want to guess who that is holding the cross?
Elvis has been painted a bit but as you can see below, it's the same figure---he actually still has the microphone, too (under the cross)

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.