Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Doug!

Although I'm not sure of WHEN these birthdays were (I have the same date on the back for 2 different years), I do know WHERE they were. So, maybe Jane, Harry, Lynn and Doug can help me here. This photo was taken in Columbia, MO. We gave Doug the sweater, but he seems more interested in taunting his sister with something.
This was another year (note Rebecca's hair), but it still appears to be in Columbia, MO.
This is the same year---same Bert and Ernie cake, but note Doug's shirt---is that a Mork outfit?
This was in Pana, IL. It was hard determining which photos were Christmas photos and which were Doug's birthday.
Despite the red and green of everything, I'm pretty sure this is Doug's birthday. This photo kind of reminds me of the "hog photo" with the people in the background and the emphasis on what is in the foreground. Click here to see the "hog photo".

1 comment:

Jane said...

You have the homes correct, Columbia and Pana. Yes Doug was in a Mork outfit. He will love this one being shown. The Pana photo may have been the year you all came but had to go back home, because Leah was sick with an ear infection.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.