Thursday, December 31, 2009

Deja Vu Christmas Part One

Davis Twenter, 2009
My grandchildren were all here after Christmas and so many of their "activities" reminded me of Christmases Past. At least one person dresses like Santa Claus!
Rebecca Morgan, 1974

Roman Lewis,2009
We have musical gifts.Rachel Morgan, 1987


Brett, Libby, Roman, Eli, Davis, 2009
Cousins help each other unwrap gifts.
Rebecca, Jim, Lynn, Jaclyn, Doug, Rachel, Leah,1985

Eli and Anna Warren, 2009
Someone wears red long underwear.
Brett and Davis, 2004

Rachel Morgan, Doug Provost,@1982

Eli and Libby, 2009
There's an art activity!Rebecca and Lynn,@1980

Eli and Roman, 2009
I hope that playing with trains will always be a family tradition.
Rachel and Doug, 1978
Now lest you think only Long Family Traditions continue, stay tuned. . .

1 comment:

Jane said...

In an every changing world it is nice to see that some things don't change. Ideas and interaction with each other stand the test of time. Great pictures. It brought back many memorable times that my memory forgot.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.