Friday, January 1, 2010

Deja Vu Christmas Part Two

We continue with Morgan Christmas traditions also. My favorite is meeting new family members. Above Rachel and her children meet Anna Warren. Below Aunt Reebs gets a little one on one time in 2009.
Christmas 1975, shows Dave meeting Dale Thomas Morgan below.
***************************************************
I am sure not many other families have this tradition. . .we gave our daughters our old "vanity plates". Below is Harry Morgan getting old license plates for Christmas in 1975! Todd is obviously impressed.

**************************************************
Like many families, the children can hardly wait to assemble elaborate adventure toys. Roman is above in 2009; Rebecca, Scott, Todd, Karen and Harry are below in 1975.

****************************************************

And, we had MANY musical toys (belonging to Lewises this year). Above is Eli and Todd Warren in 2009; below is Rachel and Harry Morgan in 1978.

****************************************************
Our Wii, in 2009, was a popular activity for those over the age of 4!
In 1975, Harry Morgan is playing an exciting video game---is that Pong?

*************************************************
Finally, I had to include Davis's clown costume; Dale's (below) in 1989 was technically not at Christmas, but I do see a pattern.

2 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

neat! :) by the way, if you would've panned a bit to the left & lifted up the loveseat's sofa cover you would have had the SAME COUCH in those 2 shots. that's pretty crazy.

hear.t. and hue said...

[in the "toy assembly" photos]

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.