Monday, January 25, 2010

Is it February, yet?

This year, I decided not to succumb to "Winter Blues" in January. I had a plan and I was going to attack January head-on. I was going to fill my calendar with an activity each day, write my goals at the top, go on "outings/dates" with Dave, meet new people, go out to lunch with friends and try a blue light each morning (for S.A.D).

Above are the Mosses---Linda and I went on a crazy Jefferson County Backroads adventure in the fall, but Jerry was really my cousin whom I wanted to meet---4th cousins on Long/Reiter/Tyrey side of the family. But, I also had lunch with an old friend Glenda who was in town and with my teacher friends "BArnwell TeacherS".

Dave and I went on outings---we saw Avatar and visited the Mo. History Museum.

I read some "fun" books---didn't make me think too much---haven't read Sarah's Key yet but it's my next Book Club selection.
I watched and fed my birds. . .

Sat under my "blue light" at breakfasts. . .


And played with Eli. Minutes after this photo was taken, I began a painful journey which resulted in an ER visit and 2 days in St. Luke's Hospital.

After 6 different tests (not counting blood work), the diagnosis was "Inflamed Duodenum", a condition that has me home-bound, bored, depressed and oh, so ready for February. . .or March. . .or April. But, until last Thursday, I think I was winning my battle of January Blues.

1 comment:

Leah Warren said...

Don't worry we'll be there soon : ) (Or maybe that's what has you bored, depressed and in pain!)

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.