Saturday, January 9, 2010

2009 New Year's Resolutions Re-visited.

My 2009 Resolutions---revisited

-Shop more at Aldis. I put it on the calendar and I DID shop at Aldis at least once a month!

-Gift cards and $$$. I did well with this although I did spend more than $5 on the grandchildren's birthday and Christmas gifts. But, mostly I did give money and gift cards.

-Buy used, borrow it, sell it. Go to Goodwill, garage sales, the library at least once a month. Have a Garage Sale to sell what I don’t need. Again, I was successful----I went to the library and had a garage sale!

-Use it up until May. I did well with this, too! My freezer got so low that I cleaned it out. It helped that we didn't re-join Sam's.

-I won’t be buying any greeting cards---I’ll use my stock pile or make my own---I have plenty of scrapbook paper and stickers! I wasn't so successful with this---I never did make very many greeting cards---just not my thing unless I'm with several friends who can give me ideas.

-Set up a schedule for cleaning out. This will help me get ready for a garage sale and clean out paper clutter.
January—get rid of magazines
February---clean out 1st floor cabinets
March---clean out drawers
April---clean out the garage
May---clean out closets and clothes
June---clean out a basement storage area
July---clean out file cabinets
August---clean out books
September---clean out bathrooms and medicines
October---“help” Dave with his desk area
November---clean up garden and yard
December---cull Christmas ornaments and decorations.

This was very successful---I intend to write monthly resolutions on my calendar again---it really helped keep me focused, but I don't really think I finished any of those chores---so, this resolution will be repeated.

3 comments:

Leah Morgan Korbel said...

I love "October"

Leah Morgan Korbel said...

...and I just sent a friend a birthday card that I saw had 1976 printed on the back. I thought 'cheap or retro'? went with "retro" and sent it off.

Mizzou81 said...

Jaci - Jane has the "make your own greeting card" market cornered.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.