Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Feast

The bird is fried! Let the Feast begin!
Kyle ran into the house to prepare his famous mashed potatoes---assisted by Deb who peeled, cut and cooked the potatoes.
Rachel and Rebecca are putting the finishing touches on the table settings. We were a little late getting it done because an unnamed grandchild decided to swing from the chandelier earlier in the day pulling it out of the ceiling. He and my dad would have gotten along great. Mom always said that Dad would let us kids swing from the chandeliers. . . .but I think Rxxxx is the first one who actually tried it.
The buffet is ready. . .
We assembled for the prayer. . .
Which was lead by Roman Lewis.
Time to eat!
Typical adult's plate. . .
Typical child's plate. . .and we wonder why they don't pile on the pounds like we do at the holidays.
Miss Libby entertained us with her rendition of "Turkey Dinner"
top Turkey Dinner pdf
(tune: “Frere Jacques”)
Turkey dinner
Turkey dinner
Gather round
Gather round
Who will get the drumstick?
Yummy yummy yumstick
All sit down
All sit down
Cornbread muffins
Cornbread muffins
Pumpkin pie
Pumpkin pie
All of us were thinner
Til we came to dinner
Me oh my
Me oh my


Followed by a "Hat Show" by Davis and Roman. . .

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

OMG those photos of libby singing are priceless. i think she's a natural performer - look at her face just LIGHT UP! :) ha

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.