Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Davis's Soccer Game


We went to Kansas City to see the boys' final soccer games. Above is Davis, his friend Claire and her dad with sister Natalie.
After all of the rain we've had, we were lucky that this game was scheduled for the Wizard's practice field which had artificial turf.
It was very cold---Grandpa and I had at least 4 layers on (although rainy, it was 64 degrees when we left St. Louis)
The kids practiced kicking a ball around the soccer field before. . .

Coach Kyle (Davis's dad) put them through warm-ups (they were waiting for more of the team I think)
Then, he gave them a pep-talk. . .
before the game began.
Because it was their last game, Chick-fil-a sent a representative to hand out free coupons.
But, someone got scared and stayed hidden for the rest of the game. When the game was over, her Mimaw (Grandmother Twenter) said, "It's OK, Libby, the cow is gone." Libby shook her head, pointed about a half mile away where we could barely see a spotted cow.
Then, the coaches, grandparents, parents, siblings formed a bridge for the team to walk through.
Big brother Brett was just impressed that Davis got to play under the lights. Since he's a "big kid" he played his game the next day.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.