Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter 1977 Pennsylvania

For three years we lived in Pennsylvania only a few hours from Dave's brother Harry in Mechanicsburg. Tom and Donna drove down from Connecticut so we could celebrate Easter together. Rebecca (above) is clearly enjoying being with her stylin' older cousins Scott and Todd. Do I hear the sounds of "Stayin' Alive"?
The back of this photo says, "Candy!"
And, the back of this one says, "Todd is the winner!"
Here are Donna and Dale with a cute bunny cake. Also, notice the Donna-decorated eggs on the table---we still have one or two of those made from the containers of L'eggs panty hose.
Time for a family portrait using a camera on a tripod with a timer. L-R: Dave, Jaclyn with Rachel, Harry with Scott in front, Karen with Todd and Rebecca in front,Donna with Dale in front and Tom---look at Tom's foot.
The crutches propped against the tree are what reminded me that Tom had broken his foot. Help us with this. . . .did he break it skiing?
L-R: Donna, Dale, Rachel and Rebecca in Massachusetts, 1978
Although it's hard to tell in this photo, Rebecca had a broken leg the following Easter (1978)---that's a Morgan Easter tradition that I'm happy to report wasn't repeated other than those two years.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.