Saturday, April 24, 2010

Watching Roman

Watching Roman is always an adventure---I don't mean we were babysitting him---we just watched him---he's very entertaining . We stayed with his mom and dad while we were visiting in Kansas City. Above, he found his cousin Libby's dress ups at Brett's First Communion Reception.
The next day, we accompanied him to his gymnastics at Mercury Gymnastics in Tiffany Springs.
His teacher was so patient with him and the other kids. Above he is hanging from a bar back by the tree.
Above is like a giant trampoline that he was supposed to be hopping down into a foam pit. Here he takes a few moments to wave to us.
Here he is swinging into the foam pit. I was really impressed with the facility and instructor.
Later that day, we watched him at soccer.
I took him out on the field and played with him hoping to get him warmed up---he did a great job one-on-one.
He is #9 on the right listening to "Coach" give them all a pep talk.
But, when it came time to play. . .
I think it just looked like chaos to him and he wanted no part of that.
Finally the coach thought he might be better as goalie.
He was soon joined by two boys from the other team----he's not the only one who doesn't exactly understand the complexities of soccer.
But, he's got that sitting on the ball down pat!

That's OK, Little Buddy, WE know you can play soccer very well, you're just waiting for ORGANIZED sports.
And, we think you're SUPER! Happy Birthday, Roman!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.