Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Sunday

We started off the day with worship at St. Mark. We had enough room for the Warrens to join us but Eli got carsick on the way to church so they didn't make it. The kids were so good---Roman entertained us with his questions, "What are you eating?" "Why are those cups so small?" (Communion)

The kids got activity bags and kites for later.
After worship, we met up with friends in the Narthex.
Libby met up with Robbie Cox while Davis chased Graham Cox around. Their grandmothers have been friends for over 50 years and their mothers have been friends since 3rd grade.
When we got home, the Easter Bunny had come!
Candy is always a popular treat!
Of course, someone has to wear bunny ears!
After a little breakfast, it was time to go outside for the Easter egg hunt.
Here they are lined up by age. . .

We also had visits by our neighbors, the Noonans
Mary Beth noticed that Libby's hair matched her golden Murphy!
The kids were still fascinated by worms (more later), digging for them in my garden and giving them to Libby to "watch".
Then, it was time for the adult hunt. . .
with candy, lottery tickets and small tokens.
After an afternoon of snacking and candy, it was time for dinner. . .we had a lot of left-overs.
Too bad this guy couldn't help us with our left-overs!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.