Monday, August 29, 2011

Alaska 2002 Part II

 June 13, 2002 found us in sunny Juneau, Alaska where we visited a Rainforest Glacier Park with dead trees planted upside down with beautiful flowers.
 Other trees were carved out.  We returned to the ship for lunch and then went on a whale watching excursion--- a 3 hour cruise.
 Although we saw bald eagles, harbor seals, seal lions, Dall's porpoise and at least 3 whales, they were all difficult to photograph with my 2002 camera.  Next time, I'll do better.
Skagway on June 14 was sunny and in the 80's.  We went on a train on the White Pass Railroad
 Beverages and snacks were provided.  When we reached the summit, we all turned around, crossed the aisle so everyone had a window view either coming or going.



This train trip was wonderful, but that afternoon, we did something even more wonderful.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.