Monday, August 15, 2011

Kathy's Surprise Birthday Party

 When I first heard about my "little" cousin's surprise birthday party, I thought, "Oh, my little cousin is turning 50."  No. . . .if I'd done the math, I would have realized how old she was going to be. . . .my how time flies.
 We all surprised her at a Holiday Inn---personally, I was surprised to see her Dallas family there.  I'd just seen them a few weeks ago where they'd given her a new iPhone for her birthday.  I assumed it was because they wouldn't be able to make it.
Her daughter-in-law Becki was busier than a one-armed paper hanger, holding baby Delaney and photographing!


Kathy's daughter Sara (with Aunt Mary and Mallory) and daughter-in-law Mary (with Hailey) planned the surprise by all going for pedicures and then going to the Holiday Inn for "wine and cheese tasting".

Kathy was so happy to see Cousin Cheryl (with Charlie) Aunt Mary, Uncle Bill and Uncle Ron (below).  Aunt Mary loves babies so holding her great-great niece Delaney made her day.

 We had a group photo made, but all I have for now is our getting ready for the group photo.
Pictured below are Kathy with all of her children and most of her grandchildren.
I am so happy I was able to celebrate the birthday of one of my dear cousins. . . .I just don't know how she got so old when I am still only 39!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love your blog!! Thanks so much for coming to the party!! Sara

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.