Thursday, August 18, 2011

ABC Sale treasures

I only came home with three treasures from the ABC Sale---I could have bought more, but I have a few rules.  #1 I have a budget #2 if I price the items, I have to wait until the last day to buy them.  To refresh your memory, click here to see some of the treasures.  The three items I bought say a lot about me.

First, I bought a toy which my grandchildren love (eventhough it annoys us when then walk off and leaving it zooming and beeping)

Second, I bought a light-weight dressy top to take on a cruise.
Finally, I bought a lead soldier that "spoke to me".  He represents a soldier from World War I with a gas mask---my grandfather was gassed in World War I, so it reminded me of him.

But, also, I loved the artistry and details in the figure.  So, you may call it a lead toy, but I tend to think of it as a small piece of sculpture. 

So, what does this say about me---I love my grandchildren (eventhough their toys sometimes annoy me) and I love to hear them laugh.  I enjoy going on cruises.  I admire art, like remembering my ancestors and their history.  AND, I love my daughter and husband so much, I didn't buy them anything!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.