Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fair Shares



Leah joined a food co-op this year---Fair Shares. We decided that we would take one week a month. On the way home, I formulated a recipe that would use a little of almost everything we got: sunchokes, mushrooms, eggplant, basil, garlic sausage, goat cheese (with pasta, onion and greenpepper) made a delicious pasta dish with a side of greenbeans and focaccio bread.
Dave had some persimmons for dessert, we had eggs for breakfast. We haven't used the butternut squash or sunflower sprouts, yet---wonder if I can find a recipe for a potluck at church? I made a casserole last month for a family reunion potluck, but it tasted so bland, I refused to take it. Dave had to eat on it for at least a week . . .

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.