Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines for Grandchildren

I know I'm not as skilled as my sister or my daughters with card making, but my grandchildren don't seem to mind. No, the inside does NOT say, "a handful. . . ."
That never even crossed my mind---I always intended it to say "hand-some!"
OK, the hearts above are added to hide the tear marks because I couldn't get the "N"s placed quite right.
But, come on---don't I get points for creatively using my alphabet stickers?
Yeeees, I ran out of room for the "g" and decided to use the apostrophe. . .
Actually, I think Eli's is the best one from an artistic stand-point.

No, I don't think Libby is "into" texting, but I thought maybe she could recognize the letters and number.
Libby's was my first one I made---I hadn't gotten the creative juices up to speed yet.
I came up with this for Davis. . .well, because Davis loves the word "toot". So, looking through my stickers for a horn, I found all of these German stickers and the pretzel alphabet. . .just lucky, I guess.
I'm a little embarrassed about Brett's which is why it is last. Using all of the animal stickers seemed like a good idea---then I added the snakes. . .
but, I think the message got lost with all the animals covering the letters. Then, the heart wasn't big enough, so I thought I'd draw a bigger one. . . .
I am just hoping my grandchildren cherish Grandma's attempts at art and can smile some day like I do with the note below from my grandparents on a Valentine "Hope you look over the spelling." It couldn't have been easy for my grandparents to send a note to their granddaughter the English major, but I cherish their notes---mispelled words and all.

1 comment:

Sister Jane said...

I never laughed so hard in my whole life! My sides hurt so bad and I just cannot stop laughing! The tears are just rolling down my face and I can hardly get my breath. Breath taking!

This tops anything Louise ever said or did. This is totally a Jaci original that absolutely anything else you ever do will be compared to. A total Jaci classic moment.

You know I don't that I could ever in my life get this creative. This is the only thing that has topped a school picture of you in an Easter egg for a prize.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.