Monday, July 25, 2011

Eli's Birthday

I was afraid Eli's birthday would get lost in the shuffle of his mom and dad closing on their new house and not having many friends yet.  But, I think he had a GREAT birthday.  We met him and his family at La Peeps for breakfast.
 Then, after his mom and dad got back from closing, shopping, delivering for the new house, we had pizza and birthday cupcakes with presents from his Mom and Dad.
 Anna insisted on eating her cupcake with the decorative pick---so lady-like!
 A couple of day's later, we went to the our cousins' house for a family party. Since this was his 4th birthday, the theme was "Let my 4th be with you."  Leah made "light sabers" from pool noodles and duct tape.  Eli in the red shorts is playing with his newly met cousins: Josh and Nathan.
 He got lots of great presents from his cousins and grandparents.
Anna really enjoyed the cupcakes. . .and her boy cousins. . . more to follow.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.