Monday, November 28, 2011

Pre-Thanksgiving McKinney

 After a brief visit in Kansas City, we drove to McKinney, Texas to visit with Leah, Todd, Eli and Anna.  Above, Eli "warmed up" his cooking skills by making virtual doughnuts on my iPad.
 But, then, he and his mother got serious about baking---whipping up some Thanksgiving pumpkin desserts.
 Although Anna had her apron on ready to cook, it was mostly for show.  Her Aunt Reebs calls this her "Puss in the Boots Big Eyes" look!

 Thanksgiving Day, she was ready to PARTY! She channeled her great grandfather Lee by watching the Thanksgiving Day parade.  She could not stop those "happy feet" when the music and dancing started!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.