Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Texas Thanksgiving

 For the first time in years, we were able to spend Thanksgiving with my sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew-in-law.  Lynn and Leah did most of the side-dish cooking with Jane and Richard hosting and roasting the turkey
 We got to talk to our nephew Doug and his wife---we have shared many Thanksgivings with them when they lived in St. Louis.  It was great sharing the holiday and memories with them!
 Richard looks about ready to carve the bird---the side dishes are waiting!
 Yum!

 What's Thanksgiving without a little walk to make room for dessert?  Shortly after this photo, Anna slid into the pond.
 So, with a little help from her brother, we headed home to get her in dry socks.
 Uncle Richard was kind enough to share some of his socks with her.
 Like her cousin Roman, Anna wanted whipped cream for dessert!
And, the guys cheered on the Dallas Cowboys to a close victory!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.