Thursday, March 4, 2010

Condo at Phoenix X


At first, I thought this condo was a little garish, but it's grown on me and I tend to agree with the person above who called it "whimsical"----I'm not sure "what a doll" means. The colors are far more vivid than the camera is capturing---the coffee table is a much brighter yellow.

I'm not sure what she means by "[the wallpaper in the kitchen] is sometimes hard to pull off." At first I thought she meant, "hard to remove", but then I realized it was a back-handed compliment. Frankly, I don't know why there would be canisters in a condo kitchen---do people really whip up a cake from scratch when at the beach? I don't even have canisters at home.
I wasn't that crazy about the wicker chairs, plastic place mats or silk tulips, but the chairs had arms which was one of my "must haves". If you look in the mirror you can see the leaded glass light fixture which I do like. If you look on the cabinet in the back, you'll see a little "house" in which you can hang your keys---it's as far away from the front door as possible and hopefully this was not the whimsical decorating. . .

I suspect the arrangement above is---I really like it---dyed grasses stuck in sand. But, if I had grandchildren here with me, it's one of those things that would be removed and stuck in a closet until we left. (Yes, we have done that before)
I love this light fixture in the bathrooms---I consider it very whimsical (as light fixtures go) and yet-beachy.
Usually our condos here have a tub, this is the first one we've had with just a shower---it was a nice touch, especially for us.


The half bath has the basket of dried flowers and shells along with a shelf with pottery fish that I'm not fond of, but same cool light fixture.
It's as if a decorator came in full of color and whimsy, but the owners add their "inspiration" to the mix.

But, all in all, we are happy with the condo and Dave is happy to have a recliner---even if it is chartreuse (much brighter than in the photo below)

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.