Friday, March 26, 2010

"Soccer Net"

Last Fall, I bought this soccer net at end of the season clearance at Target. A beautiful day this week inspired me to assemble it---it was a tad more challenging than I thought it would be. . .
Eli was helping. Why did he always seem to have the pieces I needed? Here he's playing golf----the hockey stick at his feet didn't do it?
This is a Star Wars Light Saber!
And, now a gun. . .are boys born this way? I'm sure his parents don't work with him on making random objects into guns.
Finally, I had to wait until he took his nap to assemble it, but. . .
I think he knows what to do with it.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Cute! I think it's innate for boys to play more roughly than girls. My mom decided I was going to be gender-neutral, so she bought me cars and trucks each holiday when I was little. Then when I saw the jeep under the Christmas tree when I was two and started crying (because the doll was wrapped and I didn't see her) my mom decided enough was enough and she gave up trying to neutralize me. My cousin, on the other hand, would make guns out of his sister's barbies because his parents wouldn't buy him guns either.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.