Saturday, July 17, 2010

Amsterdam July 2


After we arrived at the Renaissance Hotel in Amsterdam, we went around the corner for a little lunch. Although it was a "perfect summer day" in St. Louis, it was hot for Amsterdam.
We had arrived on the day the Netherlands played Uruguay in the World Cup!
My brother Jim and his wife Deb arrived around 5 PM just in time for the game in our hotel bar.
And, we saw a victory for Netherlands.
The Dutch were literally dancing in the streets. . and on the canals. . .and the festive spirit reminded me of. . .

Christmas and. . .
Mizzou football weekend. . .
Mardi Gras. . .
and Super Bowl even though the game was being played in South Africa.

Even a cannabis shop showed the World Cup Spirit!

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

what FUN decorations! :) love all the soccer [football] balls!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.