Friday, November 7, 2008

My Birth day


On my "Long Ago and Faraway" blog, I showed a Christmas card sent to my dad with my foot prints (made in the hospital). I speculated that my mother took the Christmas card to the hospital in early November. Well, here's proof:

First, who saves their "To-do List" for having a baby! To explain "Call Ed" is to find out how to spell my name---notice she practiced it. But then, it says "Glasses, Xmas card 3rd drawer in desk, Baby Book"

Here are the foot prints in the baby book---compare them to the Christmas card on Nov. 6, 2008 post on http://longmorgan.blogspot.com/

Here's "Ed's" daughter Jaclyn Maiers---not really friends, but always described to me as "the grocer's daughter."

Here's the announcement and the write-up in the baby book. I might add that I was 19 inches long (just a little bigger than Viviana---the tiny daughter of Cristina and Joe who live next door to our daughter Rebecca).

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.