Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lynn's Graduation


We went to Texas to celebrate my niece Lynn's graduation. First, we went to her house where we met her new dogs: Journey, Charlie, Moose and had a delicious meal from Dickey's Barbecue.

Then, we went to the Naval Air Station Fort Worth, Texas where we met some of the officers, took a tour of the offices and where some of us toasted Lynn's graduation at roll call.

Then, we went to the "Drill Hall" where we all got ready for the graduation for Embry Riddle Aeronautical University.
After the ceremony, instead of tossing their hats, they flew airplanes!


We are all so proud of you, Lynn. I know Grandma and Grandpa are beaming from ear to ear in Heaven! Congratulations!

2 comments:

John Hrisco and Associates said...

Hey Aunt Jaci,

Thank you so much for coming down to Texas for Lynn's graduation and thanks for creating a history of it here on your blog. I am sorry that I did not get to spend more time with you guys that day as I was having to run around town for errands, and such.....seeing these pictures, really makes me thankful for the family I am a part of and glad to be a part of. I can't believe I let you guys beat me to the punch on blogging...I am supposed to be Mr. Internet.....I will catch up and look forward to sharing my blogs and spreading the love. Bye for now.......
John

hear.t. and hue said...

i'm a little late...
but CONGRATS! lynn you look gorgeous! what a knock-out! how CUTE they flew little airplanes! i love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.