Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008, Part One



We headed for Kansas City on Wednesday. Two daughters live there with their families. Above is Roman Lewis (2 years old) I-64 is moving along---here is the last light in Lake St. Louis area---it won't be long before we have no lights.

I-70 still needs some improvements---this stretch of highway is pretty scary with trucks and turns. Note the Christmas tree truck on our right.

We arrived save and sound at the Lewises where we met up with my brother Jim and his wife Deb. I'd brought a "goody bag" for Jim of items I'd found in Mother's stuff in our basement. It included Dad's hat which Jim put on at a jaunty angle like Dad wore it.

After Roman got up from his nap, Jim and I took him to the creek down the street. Jim wasn't being the best example going IN the creek for rocks, but. . .
He tried giving Roman one of the rocks he pulled out of the creek, but Roman declared the rock "ucky." (it was wet)
Later, I caught Roman trying to copy his Great-Uncle Jim.
The next day, I had my legs propped on a wall and my granddaughter Libby copied me. Maybe Jim and I need to be more careful what the little ones watch us doing. :-)

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.