Friday, November 14, 2008

Texas: Food and Fun




My sister was still wonderfully decorated in all its fall splendor (it took a lot of restraint on Jane's part to not decorate for Christmas Nov. 1---she waited until after I left)

Saturday, we first went shopping at Western stores. After Jim found his shirt, and Jane and I bought a few "fun" things, we went to Blue Mesa Grill for lunch.

The food was beautifully presented and delicious. Above is a black bean soup and a corn chowder---it reminded me of Rebecca's tiger striped dip that she took to Mizzou's homecoming.
Jim is pictured above with a blue margarita---Jim thought it looked like a "chick drink," but seemed to enjoy it.
Chicken, spinach enchiladas with asparagus and sweet potatoes.Jim looks like he got a sampler plate. Dave had chicken enchilada with slaw, corn, guacamole.

Jane got the adobe pie which was a delicious tamale-type dish.

We got out to the car and were surprised at Jane's odometer. She put on a few more miles after lunch showing us some communities and homes near her. Click here for more information on Legacy---one of the communities we drove through.


After we got back to Jane and Richard's, we went to their theater where we saw several films and some football, too. Thank you Jane and Richard for your wonderful hospitality!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.