Sunday, November 9, 2008

More Baby Cards

The cards above were from friends of my Wicker grandparents---Bud and Bitsy Schwend, the Everettes (Annie and Jim, Molly and Henry, Big Mama and Big Daddy, Pearl and Dick)---my Aunt Billie and Uncle Tom.
Telegrams and cards from flowers!
Maupins (Aunt Mayme and Uncle Leo and Michelle and Gladys)

From my Grandparents Long, Uncle Ron, Aunt Maxine and Uncle Bob.

Maybe next year, I'll include my 1st birthday cards! I can see my poor granddaughter, Libby, 50 years from now hauling all of this to Antiques Road Show. "One card alone would be worth $10, but considering you have all of the cards, envelopes,telegrams, "to-do lists" and flower cards. . .this whole collection is worth $1 million!"

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

haaaa... libby at the antique road show!!!!

that WHOLE vintage watercolor illustration look is back in. i often see cards & gift tags on etsy that look like old baby announcements & shower invitations!!!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.