Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Going to Texas---Missouri I-44


All of these photos were taken from the window of a speeding car going down I-44.

I missed the water tower that said "Hot" next to the water tower that said "Cold", but I did get this one!

Some of the "attractions" have a real Missouri flavor to them.
My husband who went to school at Rolla remembered the grape vines.
But, that was long before the grapes were made into wine. Now there are several wineries.


The scenery is beautiful southwest of Rolla.
Around the turn-off for Branson, we saw a number of billboards for the entertainment there.
Speaking of entertainment, I enjoyed listening to my CD of IZ "Facing the Future" which I thought was appropriate for our first president born in Hawaii facing his new future. Click here to hear my favorite song on the CD.
One of these days we are going to do this Route 66 tour.
That would be the red dotted line that criss-crosses I-44.
I'm looking forward to all of the attractions like above---Gasoline Alley.
We spent the night in Joplin before heading to Oklahoma the next day.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.