Friday, September 5, 2008

The One-derfuls

Libby and Eli are ONE! They are cousins who are about 5 months apart in age. They are about the same size and are pretty funny for one-year olds. Oh, and they each have three bottom teeth making me wonder if they'll both need tooth implants. But, let me tell you about each of them---Libby first.

Libby

Libby is our only granddaughter. She also has two older brothers. So, she sometimes has a hard time deciding what's "girly" (bracelets, barretts)and what isn't (pirate's patch).










Note that she has a gold watch in the photo on the left ("girly") and her brother's crocs on her arms on the right (sorry, Libby, NOT "girly").












Eli
Eli, on the other hand, is All-boy! He instinctively makes car noises, even if he's delivering a letter that doesn't have wheels (purple plastic on the floor).













Of course, he's a Cardinal's fan!














And, eating, for Eli, is often a full-body experience (note the three bottom teeth).






Grandpa and I sure enjoy being with all of our grandchildren. They are all wonderful, but only two are ONE-derful!

2 comments:

Leah Warren said...

Love it...i think they're ONE-derful too!

hear.t. and hue said...

HILARIOUS! Loved how you pointed out all the girly touches Libby adds to her outfit, but struggles to be "cool" with her brothers, too! :)

And loved Eli "vroom"ing the plastic piece of mail. :) Ha!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.