Saturday, September 13, 2008

You Know You're a Grandparent When. . .

You feel like you've lost control.


Everything gets moved to higher ground.

You no longer decorate the door for holidays.


Your coffee table becomes a television blocker. And, you broaden the scope of your television viewing.


You re-think some decorating choices.


You find grandchildren in some of the oddest places.

Your “sitting room” has a picnic table---I think it blends nicely with the antiques, don’t you? Note the table in front of the clock to keep them from playing with the clock.


Your “Welcome” door gets a basketball hoop, but the best part was when I was bathing the boys. I said, “Brett, where’s your underwear?” We looked everywhere---maybe you spotted it hanging off the "e" of the Welcome sign.


But, we hate to see them leave! We love you guys! You certainly keep life interesting.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

my personal fave is dad holding onto Roman by the collar. And do you really think that coffee table under the clock is going to block Roman? HA! He'll climb on the table and then ONTO the clock!

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Yeah, that photo says it all! Why are the grandparents the only ones that look happy?

hear.t. and hue said...

great, great photos. some of which i hadn't seen! where on earth is roman in that 1 shot? and i like the tv blocker w/ the weird guy on tv... is that robbie rotton [from lazy town] pretending to be someone else? hmmm not sure. anyway... good stuff.

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Roman is sitting on a folded step ladder in the laundry room partially hidden by the bags and jackets hanging up.

Yes, to Robbie Rotten of Lazytown.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.