Monday, March 23, 2009

Cupcakes for my Aunt


I invited my cousin Steve and Aunt Norma over for dinner last weekend. Despite diabetes, I know Norma loves her sweets. So, I made some spice cupcakes and decided to have some fun decorating them with interesting toppings. Above clockwise chocolate topping, graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon sugar, brown sugar.
One never made it to a cupcake---applesauce and frosting looked curdled and disgusting---I pitched it.
Here's Steve taking his Tester's status a little too seriously.
Norma seemed to enjoy the cupcakes. But, the best ones were the nuttier versions:
On the left with pecans on top and the one of the right was frosting mixed with some peanut butter. That was my personal favorite!

2 comments:

Leah Warren said...

Wow, I don't know whether to be more impressed with your creativity or your ability to actually use up all that stuff in your cabinet/fridge. You must have been tickled.

Jaclyn Morgan said...

LOL---you know me too well, Leah!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.