Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Roman's Baptism

Romans 15: 13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

We went to Kansas City last weekend for Roman's Baptism and the celebration of his first anniversary of being adopted and a United States citizen. I volunteered to make a jello mold of the United States. I had blue jello, but thought I'd buy the rest of the fixings in KC. But, we got snowed in on Saturday, so I only had the blue jello.
Unfortunately, trying to unmold it, Florida seceded, then Maine---Texas got messed up and the whole Union fell apart! Rachel tried to do her Lincoln-best and put it all together again. Then, we headed up north to Platte Woods Methodist Church.
Clockwise from right: Brett, Davis, Rachel, Libby, Eli Warren, Larry, Tawny, Eli, Sophia, Pete, Roman

We met the Warrens and all of the Lewises including Larry at the church. We took up 4 pews with neighbors, too.

Roman and Jason, Leah and Eli, Libby and Rachel; March 1, 2009
Roman was so handsome with his new outfit!
Very uncharacteristically, Roman was subdued during the baptism until. . .
it was time for the water!
After the baptism, he was off to "Sunday School" followed by church do-nuts. Then, we all headed to the Platte County YMCA for a party! Isn't he handsome?
My jello mold was quite the conversation piece---Todd and Jason both thought it looked great until they found out it was supposed to be a jello mold---they thought I'd carved it!

Roman was in his glory between his two grandfathers!
Rebecca had a delicious buffet set up for friends, family and neighbors.
After lunch the kids could go to the play area at the Y and run some energy off. Here's Roman with his cousin Davis.
Roman Daniel Lewis, we are so proud of all of your accomplishments this year---your baptism was the perfect way to celebrate your first anniversary!

Daniel 6: 26-27 ". . . For he is the living God, enduring forever. His kingdom shall never be destroyed, and his communion has no end. He delivers and rescues, he works signs and wonders in heaven and on earth; for he has saved Daniel from the power of the lions."

2 comments:

Leah Morgan Korbel said...

What a wonderful celebration. I love looking at your pictures and reading your blog. Thank you!

hear.t. and hue said...

great photos! it hit me how grown up he looks in that pic of him by himself at the table! i can't believe he's almost THREE.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.