Friday, March 20, 2009

Signs of Spring


Yahoo! Spring is here! That's not to say we might not have ice, hail and snow, but these signs of Spring give me hope!
The myrtle blooming was actually the first sign, followed by the carpenter bees---not a sign that I welcome.
The next sign was the return of the robins---the snow birds (juncos) haven't left yet, but. . .the grass is also greening.
Next, were the daffodils and the rabbits eating my tulips (the rabbit above is innocent).
The trees have just started to come out---pears and redbuds below.
But the real sign of spring was found inside---

Dave "multi-tasking"---watching NCAA basketball on TV and listening to a Cardinal baseball game on the radio!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.