Monday, March 9, 2009

Trip Down I-55

One of my favorite parts about Spring Break and going South is watching the landscape get greener. I decided to take a photo out the car window on the hour so I could document the "coming of Spring."

8:00 AM Missouri---I do love the cedar trees clinging to the limestone bluffs.9:00 AM Jackson, Missouri
10:00 AM Hayti, Missouri---note the damage from the ice storm earlier this year. Beneath the trees are wood chips from fallen limbs.
11:00 AM Arkansas (we were eating lunch) The grass is in tufts!
12:00 Mississippi Visitor's Center outside Memphis
1:00 PM Mississippi (green leaves on trees)
2:00 PM Mississippi (I love this section with the pine trees--photo by my assistant who claims he doesn't know how to use my camera)

3:00 PM Canton, Mississippi (green leaves, grass and blooming trees)
4:00 PM Jackson, Mississippi (out our motel window---blooming trees and pines)

1 comment:

Leah Morgan Korbel said...

what a neat idea-a photo every hour! I LOVE spring. Here, the trees finally have a pinkish tinge of leaf buds. En masse across the road on the ridge it's getting exciting! Looks like a wonderful trip.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.