Thursday, March 12, 2009

Phoenix Rules

No, I'm not trying to say Phoenix Rulz (imagine a backwords z). I just wanted to warn my children and grandchildren of some of the rules--written and unwritten. First, we must pay attention to the written rules. The one above is to keep sand on the beach; the unwritten rule is don't bring buckets of it into the condo to play with during naptime.
The one above covers a lot of topics, but basically for a 3 and 2 year-old, what you need to remember is don't go to the beach without an adult. And, even if you are with an adult, don't go running off down the beach by yourself---as inviting as that may be.
Joel wouldn't have liked this rule a few years ago:
But, for the pre-school crowd, I'm pretty sure that means no big wheels, Thomas the Train races, no unaccompanied strollers and no balls randomly rolling in the parking garage.
I'm sure there are reasons for each of those pool rules, but #8? What kind of Snowbirds do they have here? We never get invited to those parties! Or, maybe the Springbreakers are wilder later than they are now.
I can't imagine who would dive into 2 feet of water, but. . .
It would be a trick to get the carts below into the condos since they don't fit through the doors.
While we're on the topic of carts, I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to ride them through the parking garage---nor are you allowed to ride them into the pool---got it boys?!
This rule forbids one of my girls' favorite activities---punching all of the buttons on the elevators. Did I say Phoenix Phun?

Oh well, at least the elevators have windows in them to entertain kids, so maybe they won't need to punch all of the buttons for elevator fun.
So, many rules not said here: This is not the Magic House---no children allowed in the chute! nor are Mom's sunglasses, Grandpa's car keys, Grandma's camera or your cousin's favorite Hot Wheels!

There are no rules at the brochure table and they are at toddler height---go crazy, boys!

1 comment:

Leah Warren said...

nice try grandma...we dont scare that easily! Besides, now that you know the rules so well maybe you can watch the lil' angels?

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.