Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Orange Beach---Perdido Key

Orange Beach, Alabama, is on the Florida and Alabama border.  There are beautiful beaches here with wildlife, birding sites and scallop shells (my favorite).

Above is a beautiful blue jelly fish---I probably wouldn't want to meet it in the water, but there were several on the beach this morning.
I thought this driftwood was beautiful with the moss growing on it---also it is a contrast to the white sand on the beach.
My favorite activity is looking for scallop shells---two above.

A Florida State Beach near us has beautiful board walks out over the dunes.  Here we spotted this heron (??)---actually, if you look carefully below, there were 3 of them. (Double click to make the photo larger)


No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.