Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow in Kansas City


I worked most of last week and didn't check the weather after Monday. . . I should have known a Monday prediction wasn't much good for the weekend. We had 70 degree weather last week, so I was a little surprised Dave was packing his heavy parka and boots, but, then, on Monday, the prediction was for St. Louis to get snow on Saturday---I thought he wanted to have them on our return trip. We weren't going to be in St. Louis for the weekend but Kansas City (we don't usually get the same weather patterns--they go northeast, so the systems are 50-100 miles north of St. Louis)

Friday, we headed to Kansas City to visit our daughters. Saturday morning, we woke up to SNOW in Kansas City---my Monday forecast showed Kansas City would get none. It snowed all day on Saturday. Finally, it stopped late in the afternoon. We bundled up the kids and went outside. Since I didn't have any shoes remotely like boots, I was the photographer and car sweeper (using a broom to brush off the snow)---that's Rachel below demonstrating.
Rachel and the boys managed most of the shoveling. . .
while Libby. . .
looked very stylish, dry, warm and ready for Spring!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.