Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Aunt Norma's Easter Egg Hunts

Back row: Cheryl Wassmund, Judy Wassmund, Barbara Wassmund, Jaclyn Long.
Seated: Harry Provost, Jane Long Provost, Stephen Adams

My Aunt Norma started our Annual Easter Egg Hunts when she lived in Ellisville. Even after she moved to Riverview, the hunts continued. We think this one was 1969 because Harry Provost is in the army.Above are my cousins Barbara and Judy before they changed out of their Easter outfits for our Easter Egg Hunt.
Someone ALWAYS tries to get a huge basket, so they can win the Easter Egg Hunt. Pictured above are Harry Provost, Sr., Judy Wassmund, Mary Long Wassmund (blue dress), Harry Provost, Jr., Norma Long Adams Rogers (flowered dress)
Above are Cheryl Wassmund, Norma, Vera Provost, Jane, Mary, Harry, and Harry Provost Sr. Norma looks like she's explaining some of her rules to Cheryl. Rules were things like: If you get a blue egg, you will win a bottle of bubbles; if you get the golden egg, you can choose 3 prizes. Otherwise, our Easter egg hunts have no rules---every man, woman and child for himself!
Jaclyn, Harry, Judy, Barbara and Cheryl waiting to start the Easter Egg Hunt.
As you can tell, the Easter Egg Hunts include ALL family members---it's not just for children! Above is Norma's husband Eddie Rogers.
Here's Aunt Mary finding eggs in the gutter!
Harry looks like he's actually helping Judy and Barbara. He is obviously an invited guest and not an Easter egg hunt veteran.
The true spirit of our family Easter Egg Hunts pits 22 year-olds against 10 year olds---no mercy!
I'm not sure what I'm doing here---modeling my coat, being Queen of the Easter Egg Hunt. . .acting silly. Actually, I'm probably doing a Victory Dance over someone----that's how my family Easter egg hunts are!

2 comments:

Leah Warren said...

cute coat! Bring it on this weekend....we are going to miss our cousins (sniff)

hear.t. and hue said...

LOVE IT!!!!!! i've never seen those photos! it explains A LOT. funny how much libby's dress that she wore this year [gap kids 2009] looks like the dress norma wore 30 years ago!!!!!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.