Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Afternoon 2009


After the children's Easter egg hunt, we had dinner: Honeybaked Ham and turkey, rolls, green bean casserole, hash brown casserole, spinach and strawberry salad, sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs (which we had to store in the cool garage on my. . .gasp. . . .Beetle!?

While a few children napped, we had the "adult" Easter egg hunt. Brett looks like he's welcoming us to the hunt!
We don't use "traditional" baskets---some years, wheelbarrows and barbecue grills have been used. This year, I handed "shopping bags" to each family.
But, Todd chose to use a back pack---great idea!
No, Jim---those are real eggs from my composte pile!
Jason "Mr. Cool and Calm" actually won the hunt with over 40 eggs!
Later, the boys built an elaborate train track in the basement.

Eli is getting a little help from his dad---Libby is modeling her new socks!
Hmm---I did buy a train table. . .but I guess their design didn't fit the table.
Speaking of designs, Rachel added an art gallery for me in the "play room" with art from each of the grandchildren.

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

funny ... i didn't realize todd had that backpack 'til i saw my photos!!!! hilarious. looks like a baby bjorn! :) ha!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.