Thursday, April 2, 2009

cREaTing Awareness

Here's my grandson Brett last October with his Aunt Rebecca (Reebs). Although Brett has autism, he has been able to go to school where his siblings go thanks to a program called F.I.R.E. (Foundation for Inclusion in Religious Education). This organization has fund-raisers to provide aides for children like Brett to attend Parochial school.
My daughter Rachel (Brett's Mom) is selling these canvases for F.I.R.E. on Etsy.
To learn more about autism, Brett, and the canvases click here. Click on the lable "cREaTing awarenes" to read more.

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

thanks mom! :) doing good ... sold 7 so far. [roughly $225 after etsy fees are taken out]

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.