Saturday, April 18, 2009

Birthday Boys

In addition to the Easter festivities, we have two April birthdays: Davis and Roman. Rachel made these cute cupcakes for the kids.
Davis was clearly excited by his cupcake and gifts.

Roman, was obviously alarmed.
He was somewhat comforted by his Mom and Dad.
Eli brought his favorite video-tape to make him happy.
But, this is what seemed to give him the most comfort.
What can I say, the kid likes to clean. He got a bug vacuum from the Warrens for his birthday and rumor has it other cleaning supplies are on his birthday wish list. :-)

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.