Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Morning 2009

We got up early Easter morning, went to the 8:30 service at St. Mark Presbyterian where we sat toward the back so we wouldn't disturb too many.
Grandpa looks like he's keeping a watchful eye on us all! Some did stay home to get breakfast and to get a few essential Easter morning tasks done.

When we arrived home from church, the Easter Bunny had come and left the kids' baskets in the front yard.
They immediately dived into the candy.
When they got in the house, Grandma presented them with a choice of toothbrushes. The dismay on Davis's face isn't because he got a toothbrush for Easter, but he can't decide which Spiderman toothbrush to choose---REALLY!

Then, it was time for the annual Easter photo which with 5 young grandchildren is like herding cats.
We finally got them to stand still and say "Cheese", but a photo in front of so much glass really washed out the photos. Note to self: even with parkas, photos should be outside WITH baskets!

After breakfast, it was time for the children's Easter egg hunt in the back yard---that Easter Bunny was sure busy while we were at church---over 130 eggs!

Some were easy to get to and others a little more challenging!
The little ones needed a little more guidance and help.

OK, some needed to learn what the basket was for.
Others just needed bigger baskets.
When all was said and done, we decided that next year we'd have fewer eggs, less candy and just as much fun. . .probably.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.